Aquazone Advanced & Basic Ozone Generators
ADVANCED AND BASIC OZONE GENERATORS ( 2 TO 20 GRAMS ON AIR)
BASIC AND ADVANCED OZONE GENERATORS
1, 2, 3.5, 5, 10, 15 and 20 GRAMS OZONE PER HOUR
(AIR SUPPLIED AND AIR COOLED)
(Aquazone Ozone Generator Modules all carry a 2 year warranty)
|Aquazone 1G Basic/Adv||Aquazone 3.5 G Basic/Adv||Aquazone 5 G Basic/Adv||Aquazone 10 G Basic/Adv|
|Mgs/ozone on dry air||800-1000||3000-4000||5000||1000|
The Aquazone Basic & Advanced Ozone Generators consist of an ozone generator module and power pack.
The Aquazone Basic is enclosed in a PVC container with cooling fans, a switch and a fuse.
Generally the unit can be used to connect with a venturi or alternatively with an external air pump or compressor to pump ozone gas out of the 6 mm orifice and through ozone friendly tubing either in to an area requiring ozone gas or through an ozone friendly airstone to diffuse in to water.
The Aquazone Advanced is similar to the Basic but has an flowmeter and air drier filled with silica gel beads and an internal 35 litre per minute air pump. Normally in humid areas some sort of air drying method should be used and in the Advanced units case this is by means of moisture absorbing silica gel enclosed in a removable vessel on the side of the unit which is transparent so that the operator will be able to monitor the colour of the gel.
The electrical supply of your ozone generator consists of the following components:
- Main voltage power supply (220-240V)
- Electrical main switch
- Indicator light
- High voltage transformers (Module)
Flow meter 0-10L/M: ( Advanced only) This flow meter controls the airflow into the ozone generating tubes.
Air pump: ( Advanced only) The air pump provides a constant airflow through the ozone tubes which also help with the cooling of the tubes.
Fans (220V): These fans are for cooling of the PC boards and the ozone generating tubes.
Ozone generators produce ozone from oxygen in the air using the corona discharge principle in which ozone is produced from the oxygen in the air or pure Oxygen using an electrical charge.
Electrical energy is used to create the ozone molecules. An ozone molecule is a normal oxygen molecule, O2, with an additional oxygen molecule attached to make O3. The ozone generator within your machine provides the required energy field and produces O3 that can be controlled and used.
Ozone can be added to water by your machine in two ways:
- Venturi – Uses water pump pressure to create a vacuum thus sucking the ozone into the water.
- Diffuser stone – Forced air flow through the diffuser stone to create Ozone bubbles in the water.
OZONE GENERATING ELEMENTS
The “heart” of the ozone generator is the ozone generator tube and the dielectric which is powered from a high voltage transformer.
A part of the discharge energy is used for the production of ozone. The remainder of the energy is released in the form of heat. Therefore it is important that the ozone-generating element and the electronic components are kept cool.
The ozone generator is cooled by air using a built-in fan.
The inlet of the fan as well as the outlet vents on the side of the ozone generator should not be covered, blocked or placed too close to a wall in order to avoid overheating of the electronic elements.
SET UP LOCATION
- The set-up location for the ozone generator must be in a cool dry and clean place.
- The ozone generator can be wall or skid mounted.
- All electronic components are enclosed in a Polycarbonate enclosure.
- Installation of both units involves wall mounting them in a ventilated area where they are protected from the rain and sun.
- The ozone unit should if possible be placed higher than the water level if possible to prevent backflow of water in to the generator from the venturi.
- Non return valves should also be placed in line for this reason or a loop system as below could also be used.
On the front panel of both units is a switch and fuse.
Before switching on check the following:
- The main voltage is 220-240V.
- The ozone pipe is securely connected to a diffuser system or venturi/injector.
- That the venturi is creating a suction and air is flowing from the air filter through the modules and to the venturi by means of the flow meter. Set the flow meter to 3-8 litres per minute.
Then, proceed as follows:
- Turning on the ozone generator
- Main switch on
From this point on, the ozone generator is producing ozone.
- Switching off the ozone generator
- Switch off the main switch and the whole system will shut down.
CAUTION: If ozone-carrying lines are to be opened, clear them with ozone-free gas first.
An LED light when on will indicate that the unit is on, the cooling fans are working and the ozone modules are producing gas.
It is essential that either clean dry air or oxygen is being passed through the ozone modules to prevent overheating.
This could be either through an external air pump/compressor or oxygen source or from suction from a venturi.
In the Aquazone Advanced unit is a 35 litre per minute air pump to assist the venturi action and an flow meter to confirm air flow through the unit.
The bubble in the flow meter can be set to anything from 2 to 5 litres per minute.
MAINTENANCE AND SERVICING
- Wipe enclosure with a damp cloth at regular intervals.
- Check piping for leaks and tighten up at regular intervals.
These are maintenance free. In the event of an electrical malfunction, please contact us immediately.
At approximately three monthly intervals, more extensive servicing may be may be required.
A suitably trained person should do this.
- Disconnect the ozone generator from the mains.
- Disconnect all pipes from ozone tubes and make sure that there is no moisture or dirt inside the tubes. If there is any moisture or dirt in the tube, clean and dry or replace the tube with a new one. When it is done return all pipes to the original positions.
- Check all pipes for leaks and cracks and replace if needed.
- Check all pipe connections and tighten or repair if needed.
- Check all electrical equipment for any faults.
- Clean the filter pads and replace if necessary.
- Clean and lubricate all cooling fans.
- Remove dust from the inside of the generator.
No Ozone Production
- Check fuses – replace fuses
- Check piping and connections
- Check Ozone module
Please do not hesitate to contact us in the event of a fault developing. The units go through a strict quality check prior to dispatch.The Aquazone units consist of an ozone module and power pack with cooling fans.
The filter pads on the cooling fans require regular cleaning for optimum airflow and therefore cleaning.
The unit draws air from the atmosphere through the corona tubes (ozone generators). To achieve maximum results from your unit, ensure that the feed gas meets the following recommended criteria:
- The dew point must be lower than -40C (233K).
- The feed gas must be hydrocarbon-free.
Moisture decreases the production of ozone. Hydrocarbon (e.g. methane) can form CO2 and water with ozone. Using air as a feed gas, water can react with ozone to form nitric acid resulting in the formation of nitrogen oxide. This might damage the electrodes.
The Aquazone Advanced units have a silica gel air drier on the side.
The Aquazone air drier of the AQUA-ADV unit works on the basis of the silica gel material removing the moisture out of the air as it passes through the plastic container. In wet atmospheric conditions the gel will absorb moisture and change colour. As humidity varies greatly with location, the installation of air driers is an option on some machines.
When this happens the silica gel must either be heated up and dried or replaced. The heating up can be done in the oven, microwave oven or direct sunlight. First remove the drier from the body of the generator by pulling the 2 plastic connections out from the side panel connection. To remove the silica gel for drying, unscrew the end cap, perforated plate and foam rubber insert. Place the silica gel into a glass or ceramic container and gently heat up until the colour changes back indicating removal of moisture.
When the silica drier changes colour this will indicate that water has been removed from the air by the absorbent beads and therefore will require drying.
- Unclip the air drier from the side of the unit
- Unscrew the top
- Pour the beads in to a vessel or plate.
- Dry by placing in the sun, oven or microwave.
- Return when the colour indicated the moisture has been removed.
- Swimming Pools and Spas
- Ozone in Water treatment
Water Treatment advice
- How to install an Aquazone water ozone generator
- Ozone in bottling plants
- Operate and install an Aquazone venturi system
- Blog using ozone in potable water systems
- Swimming Pools and Spas