Who wants what?
What the customer wants when they enter the bank
- To know that there are adequate Covid safety protocols in place to help prevent the transmission of virus in the building
- To be assured that the contraction of the virus possibility is minimal
- Comfort to know the indoor air is treated
What the bank employee wants
- To know that as they work the company has done all that is possible to prevent them catching an airborne virus or flu from their fellow workers or visitors
What the management want
- To avoid having to shut down operations for quarantine after Covid detection
- Minimum absenteeism from flu or other airborne virus
- The ability to promote that they have done all they could to protect their customers and staff. Public accreditation.
- Comfort to know they have done all that is possible to protect their management, workers and customers from contracting the disease on their premises.
Biozone Solutions can help!
- Indoor air quality control
- Fully occupied areas
- UV air circulation
- Hepa desktop
- Air conditioning UV ozone control
- Semi occupied areas
- Vacant areas/storage shock treatment
- Surface sanitation
- Fully occupied areas
SARS-CoV-2 remained viable in aerosols throughout the duration of our experiment (3 hours), with a reduction in infectious litre from 103.5 to 102.7 TCID50 per litre of air. This reduction was similar to that observed with SARS-CoV-1, from 104.3 to 103.5 TCID50 per millilitre
SARS-CoV-2 was more stable on plastic and stainless steel than on copper and cardboard, and viable virus was detected up to 72 hours after application to these surfacesAerosol and Surface Stability of SARS-CoV-2 as Compared with SARS-CoV-1
Options currently available on the market
Sanitation methodologies on the market
- Tunnel disinfection
- Fogging or misting
- Moving air filtration
- UV pathogen control
- Ozone water
- Ozone Indoor air
- Chemical spray
- Chemical fog
- Chemical gas
- Hepa filtration
- Ionising systems
- UV direct irradiation
- UV indoor air purification
- Ozone disinfectant water
- Ozone in indoor air
Disadvantages of using chemicals
Chemicals, no matter what method of application used, all leave a harmful residue requiring follow up rinsing or leaving vacant for a while. As these are usually applied manually, some method of monitoring and control should be in place to determine the correct dosages, mixtures and contact times to guarantee sanitation and ensure against residual contamination after the procedure. Firm management and diligence must be applied to ensure physical spraying or fogging is applied in the right areas and for the right times to ensure complete coverage. This is practically impossible as various shortcuts will creep in over time to save costs, effort and time.
Chemicals: The Facts
Purchasing of chemicals requires no capital injection as this is a monthly cost.
However various problems are associated with chemicals:
- Storage and transport of hazardous material
- Quality and standards requiring regular checks and monitoring
- In depth rinsing after application required to remove residual harmful residue
- Logistics of ordering deliveries and stock control
- Theft and spoilage or wastage
- Cannot be used for rinsing of containers or food for fear of tainting
Fogging and tunnel disinfection
It is impossible to apply the correct effective dosage for a limited amount of time into an enclosed area to both sanitise a person and clothing and also be safe to the individual. Fogging applications in vacant offices leaves an uncomfortable and harmful moist residue on surfaces.
Refer to our full scale article about this subject here.
Advantage of UV or Ozone
- Capital Budget required for one off purchase over 5 years
- Chemical free and safe if used correctly
- Low running costs… electricity only and small maintenance demand
- No trained daily labour necessary
- Rental agreements can be reached to amortise costs over time
- No storage of hazardous materials required
- No hazardous harmful residue left behind
- Reoccupation can occur within minutes of shock treatment
- Ozone gas and to a certain extent UV, will penetrate areas where a chemical spray will not reach
- Ozone gas is 2.5 times stronger than chlorine and works 3000 times faster.
- After ozone gas is introduced into water or air it has a short half life and will revert back to oxygen leaving no harmful residues or contaminants.
- The ideal sanitising solution when provided at the correct levels and period of time.
- This provides a massive advantage in the rinsing of fresh foods or containers where complete disinfection can be attained leaving no harmful residual tainting.
- However, a disadvantage is that in situations where residual protection against contamination is required, such as in a water reservoir, chlorine will have to be used.
- When introduced into occupied areas the parts per million ozone in the air should be controlled at specific levels to be safe for occupants exposed for dedicated periods of time.
- In vacant or unoccupied areas ozone gas provides
About UV/Ultraviolet light systems
- UV systems rely on seeing a pathogen or virus directly and “nuking” these by irradiation.
- So it is vital that all bacteria, for example, pass by the UV tube in order to be seen by the tube and for a specific amount of time or exposure.
- If one bug happens to be sitting on top of another bug, then the chances are that one of those bugs could remain unaffected as it was not seen by the UV rays.
- No persons should be allowed to “see” the UV tubes glowing as their skin or eyes will also be irradiated
UV Shock Treatment
A UV system on a stand or with remote control will be activated when the area is vacant.
Ozone Gas shock treatment
- Introduced when vacated or at night for short periods to completely eliminate pathogens on surfaces including fabrics.
- The ozone gas is introduced in to the area by means of a distribution fan to accommodate coverage of the entire area.
- Portable or on wheels
Air conditioning ducting and intercoolers
It is a known fact that air conditioning ducting, harbours moulds and spores and circulate contaminated indoor air throughout living and working areas. Strategically placed UV tubes in the ducting and at the intercoolers will maintain clean virus free circulated air.
Company public vehicles and vacant rooms sanitation
By placing an ozone generator in a unoccupied vehicle, room or container for a set period of time, this will completely eradicate all surface bacteria and germs and smells and after switching off, the area can be reoccupied within 15 minutes of switching off. Cheap Chinese imports are flooding the market with dubious output claims, unsafe electronics with no back up and service.
Containers, cash vault, packaging, cupboards, storage areas
- Shock treatment in an enclosed box
- Ozone gas pumped in to an enclosure such as a carton or cupboard for a set period, will completely decontaminate all of the items in the box