Go top this link for FAQ’s for ozone in Pools https://biozone.co.za/faq-ozone-in-pools/
GetOzone offer the Aquazone Range of Atmospheric Air fed Corona Ozone Generators which are ideal for Residential and larger swimming pools. The Aquazone Basic units have no Flow metre or Air driers which are included in the Aquazone Advanced range.
Ozone works 3000 times faster and is 1.5 times stronger than chlorine so is a very effective replacement for chemicals without the harmful effects of chlorine. The water in a properly ozonated pool will taste or smell similar to rain water with no chemical or other taints.
Ozone disinfects pools faster and better than chlorine systems. When 0.1mg/L of ozone is in contact with bacteria E. coli, it will be completely destroyed it in less than 12 seconds.
Chlorine can be uncomfortable and even salt systems have the potential to irritate the skin, eyes, and airways of bathers. With ozone there is no strong residual chlorine odour, skin and eyes are not irritated, and bathers with respiratory issues are able to breathe freely and without issue.
Enhanced Water Quality
When ozone is applied to pool water, a process called “micro flocculation” occurs forcing many of the organic contaminants in the swimming pool to group together and easily filtered out by the ozone resistant sand filter. ( Preferably Glass media rather than sand)..
- Destroys 99.9% of Harmful Contaminants
- Oxidizes Cryptosporidium parvum, Giardia, and Other Chlorine Resistant Microorganisms
- Reduces Chemical Demand
- Increases Effectiveness of Residual Sanitizers
- Eliminates Chemical Odours, Irritations, and Will Not Damage Pool Systems
Why not ozone
- Ozone has no residual life so minimum circulation times have to be adhered to.
- Initial Capital cost is high as a once off cost
- Regular backwash and inspection is a must.
You will need
Basic Ozone Generator
|Aquazone 1G Basic/Adv||Aquazone 3.5 G Basic/Adv||Aquazone 5 G Basic/Adv||Aquazone 10 G Basic/Adv|
|Mgs/ozone on dry air||800-1000||3000-4000||5000||1000|
|Pool size ( litres)||Up to 10000||10 to 30000||30 to 50000||50 to 100000|