Harness Nature's Technology to remove waste material safely
The days of wasting water and using harmful chemicals to keep water healthy to drink are officially over!
The way the world’s water crisis is heading, soon the only way to ensure there is water to survive, will be to recycle what we have and not throw it away.
We can harness Nature’s Technology to sanitise water, removing contaminants naturally and effectively using ozone.
Throw away harmful and smelly chemicals and start enjoying water the way nature intended it to be used.
- Ozone works 3000 times quicker than chlorine and is 2.5 times stronger as an oxidant
- Because of its short shelf life and because it leaves behind no residual harmful products, it is an effective natural organic rinse
- When ozonated water is used for rinse disinfection this same water can easily be recycled back to the plant
- Air preparation is important as it needs to be dry and clean when introduced to the ozone high voltage electrode – this is critical to the effective use of Ozone
- Another critical factor to consider when using Ozone is to effectively mix ozone gas into water using a diffuser or injector
- Ozone is generated on the premises and luckily doesn’t require transport or even dry storage
- Eye irritation can be a side effect of chlorine and urine mixing in pools. Making Ozone water that much safer over chlorine
- Ozone is the most active oxidising agent which can be used with safety and is often referred to as “activated oxygen”
- Ozone is an excellent deodorising agent for various substances. Some include urine, hydrogen sulphide, urine, smoke, paint, and burnt chicken feathers
- Ozone is used in baths and some therapeutic pools to treat skin infections and even burns
- Chlorine needs pH control, whereas Ozone does not
- Ozone has been trusted for years and used to disinfect drinking water. It is effective in destroying surface attached bacteria
- Ozone requires no heat and uses less energy than sanitising systems that use steam or hot water
Ozone VS Chlorine
Used continuously in France for last 80 years, extended to USA,
Most widely used in water purification
More efficient as a disinfectant
Use as a disinfectant in drinking water has been
Does not leave any chlorinated compounds or other unpleasant
Biggest effect is the presence of chlorinated compounds
Case Study: Biozone Ozone Industrial and Commercial Water Treatment Systems Are Well-Known In South Africa Municipalities
Any upgrades to water treatment plants generally have as standard an Ozone element and includes an activated carbon setup. Midvaal Water Treatment first introduced Ozone in 1995. This was primarily used for disinfection. Soon after the first Ozone was introduced, the application was extended as a pre-treatment for the plant to oxidise iron and manganese. There were upgrades made to the new Municipal plants including: Roodeplaat, Vaalkops, Rietvlei, Delmas, and Plettenberg Bay.
- For over 35 years, Ozone has been used for paper pulp bleaching (replacing chlorine) at Sappi Ngodwana. The importance of this is linked to the contamination by chlorine of rivers, underground water, and plant life. As a result, these listed will experience a desolate environment
- Since 1996, the Goreangab Wastewater Treatment plant in Windhoek has been in full operation
- Sasol Secunda has an Ozone plant in their wastewater treatment plan
- Harmony Mines and Anglogold both use Ozone to recycle mine water for safe drinking water at their housing estates (predominantly for disinfection)
- Biozone customers proudly include: Bonaqua, Nestles, Bene Thirsti, Oasis, Just Water, and Bene Water along with several others
- All bottled water suppliers use Biozone Ozone generators to purify the water used for rinsing their bottles and / or for post-RO disinfection
- In some supermarkets where tanks are displayed at the refill stations, Ozone is relied on to keep water clean, tasty, healthy, and of course, oxygenated
- O3 is the most powerful water treatment oxidant known
Contaminants in our water other than bacteria, will be oxidised by Ozone
- Mineral Origin: Iron, manganese, sulphur
- Natural Organic Origin: Humic acids, tannins, organic materials
- Urban Origin: Glucides, protides and lipides
- Industrial Origin: Chemical wastes, detergents, and tars
- Agricultural Origin: Pesticides, mineral fertilisers, and herbicides
We rarely find flavours and odours that come from only one source, and they usually originate from a combination of sources. A common problem faced in most cases is one caused by various types of contaminating factors. These factors can be found simultaneously during a hydrological year.
Aquazone is focused on the disinfection and mineral oxidation of water and wastewater and using ozonated water as a germicidal antibacterial rinse with zero harmful residue.
- Bacteria – all known, including iron bacteria
- Minerals – inorganics, dyes and others
- Metals – iron, manganese and many others
- Organics – colour, algae and other carbon compounds
- Protozoans – all known, including cryptosporidium, giardia and all amoebae viruses
- BOD and COD – reacts quickly, as Ozone is an active form of oxygen
Oxygen generators provide oxygen to the Ozone generator thereby producing highly concentrated Ozone gas. Aquazone Ozone generators can be applied to venturi, injection, diffuser systems and contact chambers for efficient introduction of Ozone gas into water for disinfection or oxidation. They are easy to operate and combine compact construction with effective Ozone production. High-quality materials, as well as careful processing and assembling of the individual elements, provide devices of reliable operation and long service life. They are suitable for home and commercial use.
BioBubbler water tank treatment
The Aquazone BioBubbler is a simple solution for water tank disinfection or oxidation. Installation and maintenance requirements are minimal and are suited to DIY users with a technical aptitude. The BioBubbler is weatherproof and suitable for outdoor applications. Functions include:
- Bubble Ozone gas into a tank containing water through a diffuser stone
- Aerate and freshen stale water
- Kill E. coli and other bacteria continuously
- Oxidise iron, manganese, and tannins
- Oxidise hydrogen sulphide (H2S)
- Remove smells
Ozone gas water treatment accessories
Including oxygen PSA generator, diffuser/venturi mixing systems, contact chamber, air dryers, ORP / Ozone measurement and Ozone destructors.